Skip to main content

I am located in Dayton, Ohio. I need an affordable attorney for a final appeal with Ohio Bureau of Worker Compensation.

Miamisburg, OH |

I am an unemployed accountant and received unemployment benefits in accordance to the state case workers. In January, the State notified me that I had been overpaid 8800+ in benefits. I have expended all but my final appeal which must be in a Court of Common Pleas. It was an administrative non-fraudulent case and provisions of law allow can be enacted to forgive the over-payment, but I need an attorney to handle the case. I have already filed the case in court so to ensure that the time limitations have been complied with. I need help as the state has an attorney that is working on their behalf.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You should call the Ohio Bar Asso. It should have a lawyer referral service. Hopefully, they can find you someone. You might also check to see if your county has a bar asso. Some of the members may do work pro bono. Good luck.

The information provided should not be considered legal advice. I am not licensed to practice in any State other than SC. The results of your case will depend on the presentation of evidence, the law and other factors that may change depending on an in depth analysis of the facts of the case. Please see an attorney before making legal decisions.


This is not a contingency case, so someone would have to bill you hourly. How much would you pay to win? 3,000? 5,000? How much are you willing to pay to lose? 12,000? 14,000? A repayment plan might be your most cost-effective solution. If you received the overpayment, why should they waive it?

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.