Skip to main content

I am living in the place, which does not have legal separation. I am seeking smiliar legal process with legal separation.

Barrigada, GU |

My spouse told me that he would divorce me and how much he would pay montly to support my child and myself. This comunicatioin are going on only verbally and everything what he told me are not legally assured. I do not believe divorce so i will wait until he files divorce. However, until he does that, I need to protect my child and myself financially. Since the place I live in does not recognize legal separation, I am seeking any similar process which have legal power to force him what he promises.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Although your state may not recognize legal separation, they may recognize actions for separate support. It may help you to contact your local probate and family court and find out if your state recognizes separate support actions. If not, ask what type of similar action you can use. Best of luck to you.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer