Skip to main content

I am in critical condition I cant afford lawyer. I applied for naturalization I was arrested almost 40 years ago but

Baltimore, MD |

I did not tell immigration about my criminal record. Today , I received a letter
Based on the information in the record , and your testimony during your naturalization interview , USCIS finds that you given false testimony under oath with the intent to obtain immigration benefits. Tb be eligible for naturalization you must demonstrate that during the statuary period , july 30 2008 to july30 2013 . you have been person of good moral character. you have not established that you are a person of good moral character , because durning the statutory period you gave false testimony to obtain an immigration benefits. therefore , you are ineligible for naturalization at this time . SEE INA 101(f) (6) and 316(a)(3) and Title 8 code Code of federal Regulation (8 CFR) , section 316.10 (a) and (b)(2)(vi)

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You should have been honest at the interview. It will most likely save you time and money if you hire an attorney to assist you.

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.


You will have to wait 5 years from the date of your misrepresentation to file again.


You will only be eligible to apply again 5 years from the date of your misrepresentation.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


N400 Naturalization process is a valuable privilege, not an inherent germane right one may possess and just exercise as they see fit. If you are truly concerned about the process given your prior criminal history you must retain a very good immigration attorney. If you cannot afford one, that is a different matter, yet, one cannot be assigned to you because you desire to join this great nation.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


I agree with my colleagues, you must wait 5 years to reapply.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.


You now have to wait for five years unless you are married to a US citizen then the wait is just three years. You must be truthful on every application and for all questions that you file with Immigration.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.