Skip to main content

I am in court for a second dui and i just received a third dui. Will I go to jail

Bolingbrook, IL |
Attorney answers 7


There are mandatory minimum sentences that may arise in your cases. Furthermore, if it is your third DUI, you may face felony charges. I highly recommend you retain an attorney.

Please note that this is not legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The post is only an opinion. You should speak to an attorney for further information. The poster is licensed only in IL. Please visit for more information about our law firm and services. Thank you. Mahoney, Silverman & Cross, LLC


Not necessarily, but the odds are not in your favor unless at least one of the cases is dismissed. You need to retain qualified counsel ASAP.


It is possible that you could go to jail. Hire a good DUI defense attorney to minimize the damages. Do everything your attorney tells you to do. Stop drinking and driviing!


The third DUI is likely going to be charged as a felony. Even if it is not, the fact that you have received a 2nd and now a 3rd charge in rapid succession is going to certainly be viewed as an aggravating factor. You need good legal counsel immediately.

Responses on AVVO do not establish an attorney-client relationship. All responses to questions should be used for informational purposes only. Always consult personally with an attorney prior to initiating or responding to any legal action.


You need a good attorney DUI immediately-it is possible that jail time will be involved.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.


There is little doubt that the state will be seeking jail time; the state could also charge you with a felony which would mean you are facing prison time. If you have not already done so, hire an experienced criminal defense/DUI attorney. One or the other case may be defensible; at the very least an experienced attorney can minimize the sentence. Most of us provdie free consultations.


You are out of control and the judge may very well think that it is time to incarcerate you before you kill someone or yourself. You should retain a good DWI lawyer and stop drinking and driving.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer