Skip to main content

I am immigrating to Panama. Do I need an attorney to do the paperwork? Approximately how much will it cost ?

Honolulu, HI |

How far ahead do I need to start the paperwork?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

From experience, the situation in Panama is pretty friendly.

Tourist visas are relatively easy, with options to do "border runs" to keep tourist status. There are also options to get an investment visa for a relatively low investment amount. Employment visas are also plentiful, if you can find an employer that needs your skills.

What most people do is find a immigrant-friendly immigration lawyer in Panama who will walk you through the process. Most people do this after they have entered Panama and found an expat community that will help guide through the situation on the ground.

Note I am not licensed in Panama! This comes from regular interaction with Panamanian sources.

Total Mobility Law is an international law firm that lets companies do global business with the knowledge and confidence they need to comply in any country. Our answers on this site do not constitute legal advice, nor do they establish an attorney-client relationship. The only thing that can do that is a signed Engagement Letter and Fee Agreement, which you can get by contacting us through


You need a Panamanian immigration lawyer.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | |


Not a US immigration law question.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


These questions need to be posed to a Panamanian immigration lawyer. Not here.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer