Skip to main content

I am i eligible for the Dream Act?

New York, NY |

I came to the united states at 11 yrs old. I came in August 1999. I graduated from junior high and high school here. I am currently enrolled in college. I still have my I-94 and my old passport. Does the dream act apply to me? If so, please explain what steps would i need to take. Thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

Hello, It seems like you meet the requirements for DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) if you are here without immigration status now. You should speak with an attorney to make sure you can apply for DACA. You need to talk with a lawyer about any criminal cases you have had or any trips that you took outside of the U.S. since you came in 1999. There are a lot of community organizations that can help you apply for DACA for free and many attorneys who can do this case for a low fee. You can start to get your documents together to show that you have been living here in the U.S. since at least 2007 (school records, etc) Ask around and good luck!


You do not mention if you were ever arrested or if you have proof of physical presence during this time. You seem eligible for DACA and you can either hire an attorney, or check the USCIS website to file for it.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


You may be eligible for Deferred Action under the DACA program. Please consult with an immigration attorney for details.


There is no dream act. If you are referring to DACA, you might, but you need to meet ALL the requirements. See link below.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


You might be eligible for DACA. Consult an attorney.

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.