Skip to main content

I am having problems with the guy who has been stalking and harassing me. he is bringing his freinds over to the new hope

Morrisville, PA |

to bother me too. i have told him to leave me alone. i cannot switch libraries because he will get in his van and drive to the other. i am on fooot. i have notified the prosecutors office and they say to contact local police. local police do nothing to help women here. please advise he is fighting with me at the library. i tell him to stay away from me but he will not. miss lynch and eric jacobsen will not do anything to stop this. what do i do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


file a petition for a temporary restraining order. Your local court website should have information to guide you with this.

Also, see the link below

While I am an attorney, I am not your attorney. You should always speak with your own attorney to gain full and complete legal advice.

Harry Edward Hudson Jr

Harry Edward Hudson Jr


You might also want to contact an atytorney regarding your employment situation and the apparent refusal to protect you. In your jurisdiction this may or may not be addressed as a hostile work place due to the employer's failure to act.


File a report with law enforcement if you can. They should be able to give you information on stalking as a victim. Get witnesses and evidence ready to present in your petition for an injunction. Try to walk with friends or family and be careful.

Legal disclaimer: I'm only licensed in FL. Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Suggest that you contat an attorney to pursue a civil restraining order and any other actions which can be filed in PA.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.


In Pennsylvania, you can go to your county courthouse and file a PFA -- a court order that aims to protect victims of domestic violence. PFA means “Protection from Abuse.” It is commonly known as a protection order or restraining order. Filing a PFA will cost you nothing. In most Pennsylvania counties, you are entitled to a free lawyer who will represent you at the PFA hearing.

A PFA is a powerful tool that can (1) restrict an abuser from contacting his or her victim, (2) evict an abuser from a jointly occupied household, (3) award a victim temporary custody of minor children, (4) limit an abuser’s child visitation rights, (5) require an abuser to pay spousal support and child support, and (6) order an abuser to turn over all registered firearms to police. Violating a PFA can result in a six-month jail sentence and a $1000 fine.


Just to provide more information... A PFA is only available in certain conditions...mainly if it is between family members or spouses or individuals involved in a sexual relationship of some kind. If this is just a random guy stalking you..the police will need to do something about it... If you are not getting the action you need out of the police officers, ask for a supervisor. If the supervisor doesn't help, ask for the chief.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. This answer is provided for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice and it does not create an attorney/client relationship. More importantly, the information contained in this answer should not be relied on. You should consult an attorney who practices in the relevant area of the relevant jurisdiction.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer