Skip to main content

I am Green Card Holder through Asylee Status, how soon can I file for U.S. Citizenship?

Mankato, MN |

I got green card through Asylum and it has already been 4 years since I got it. I am planning to apply for US Citizenship, just wanted to know how soon I can apply for that.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Five years after the date on your green card.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


5 years from the time you got the green card (allowed to file in the 90 day window prior to the 5 years).

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


4 years and 9 months from the time you were granted asylee status.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.



thank you all.