Skip to main content

I am going through a divorce she is asking me to sighn over the house and property

Medford, OR |

i have been paying child support on my own no papers have been filed yet

+ Read More

Filed under: Divorce Child support
Attorney answers 3


You have not asked a question.

My response(s) to the question(s) on this website do not create an attorney-client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is not created until a Fee Agreement has been signed. In addition, my suggestions are based on very limited information provided by the Asker and are given based on my experiences and general circumstances. My suggestions may not ultimately be applicable to the Asker's situation because of the limited amount of information provided. No suggestion is guaranteed to be sucessful. Case specifics should not be shared online. You should seek specific legal advice in a private setting. Shannon L. Hall, Attorney at Law (Licensed in Oregon) 245 East 4th Avenue, Eugene, OR 97401 Phone: 541-434-2411, Email:


You haven't asked a question, so it's hard to give an answer. (Please see this Guide: )

If you've been paying support, that's good for you, but you should be sure to document the fact that you've been paying it, and what the payments have been for. Never pay child support in cash. If you pay by check, write 'child support' on the check. Note that Oregon law sets precise figures for what child support should be, based upon the income of each party and the amount of time each parent spends with the children. The amount of 'support' you've been paying may well not be accurate. On the other hand, if you're still married and she hasn't filed any documents requesting support, you may not be legally obligated to pay it at all.

You should not sign any documents without first having them reviewed by an attorney. You should consult with a lawyer in private if you're going through a divorce. You can call the Oregon State Bar for a free referral at 503-684-3763.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:


Don't do ANYTHING without first investing in a consultation with an experienced divorce attorney. Now is NOT the time to "do it yourself." PS: You did not provide enough information for a full answer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer