Skip to main content

I am going through a Divorce, The ex wife lied and got caught lieing to the police.

North Attleboro, MA |

Ex went down to police and told them a lie, The police requested the court to issue an arresst warrant the court sent the police report back as unwarranted. I filed charges and we went to a probable cause where it was found she did committ the crime of Perjury, Intimidation and criminal harassment. She was arraigned on those three charges how does this affect the Divorce case? Is this enough to bring custodial interference charges? Her and her boyfriend have alienated the two children from me for 2 and half years. Ex has had a 209A protective order on her for a year, She has been charged with ABDW vehicle, AB keys and food this divorce is nothing more than a horror story. Her trying to put an innocent father in jail is beyond comprehension. Thanks for your replys I need help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I am sorry that you are going through this. The conduct of the parties during the marriage is one of the MGLA 208 sec 34 factors that the courts will consider so you are correct in your theory. I suggest you chat with a local attny in your area and go over the specifics of your case. I do wish you all the best and hope things work out for you.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.


It will be a factor. Bit you really should consult with a local divorce lawyer to discuss the case in more detail. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.


As Attorney Lewis mentioned, it is unfortunate that you are having such a stressful divorce. Although I have no way of knowing your financial situation, you may want to consider contacting a legal services agency in Massachusetts if you are not able to hire a lawyer. You could also consider hiring a lawyer for limited parts of your case. Given the facts you mentioned above, it seems like a difficult situation to handle on your own.

The perjury charge will likely impact her credibility with the court and her conduct is certainly important when considering custody and parenting issues.

Hope things work out for you and the children.

This answer should not be considered legal advice. Each case is fact specific, and not enough information is available in this forum to provide any lega advice to you, just very genera information. By answering this question, we are not entering into any lawyer-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer