Skip to main content

I am getting sued in result of a car accident in which my ins. feels the the other party has no damages or injuries.

Los Angeles, CA |
Attorney answers 7


You do not pose a question; you make a statement. You also do not provide any information as to how the accident happened or what you are concerned about. Consider that if there are no property damages, the insurance company will be very reluctant to extend any offer to the plaintiff. Generally speaking, in cases with no damages and poor liability, the carrier would rather spend exorbitant sums of money in expert and lawyer fees to defend you than to compensate the plaintiff. But again, I have no information about your case; and you did not pose a question. It sounds like you have insurance, and therefore also a lawyer. Speak to your lawyer about the reasons why the insurance company is fighting the case. Best of luck!

Information posted or made available on or through the Site, including without limitation any responses to legal questions posted in Avvo Q&A, information provided in Avvo Legal Guides, and any other comments, opinions, recommendations, answers, analysis, references, referrals or legally related content or information (collectively "Legal Information") is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney. Such Legal Information is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. It is not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely upon such Legal Information. You understand that questions and answers or other postings to the Site are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege.


Let your insurance company handle the matter - if you are served with any documents immediately forward them to your insurance company - they are obligated to defend you & provide an attorney free of charge for that purpose.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


Your insurance company has a legal duty to hire counsel, who will represent you in this case. I know it is frustrating, but unfortunately some people just seem to do those types of things.

Depending upon the position of your insurance carrier, they might make a nominal offer, just to make this go away quickly.

Good luck.

Michael Ian Rott, Esq., Managing Partner
2635 Camino del Rio South, Suite 306
San Diego, California 92108
Office: 619.296.5884, ext. 14
Fax: 619.296.5171
Cell: 619.252.2248
San Diego - El Centro

Please be advised that the advice provided does not create any attorney/client relationship; that due to the various state laws that the information provided is a general overview of work comp law, which might not be applicable to you, based upon the laws of your state. We will not file anything on your behalf nor protect any statute of limitations which might arise and recommend that you IMMEDIATELY consult legal counsel for advice.


Let them handle the matter. You will be assigned an attorney. Ultimately your insurance company will get the matter resolved.


You let your insurance company resolve it.


Turn it over to your insurance company ASAP. They will handle it.

This answer is for general education purposes only. It does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is it intended to provide legal advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.


I tend to agree with the responding counsel. You should let your insurance company handle this for you. If you were injured in the accident, then you should consult with an experienced car accident attorney to represent you. I have over 20 years of experience representing clients, fighting for their rights and settlements to help them recover. Best of luck with your case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer