Skip to main content

I am from SC and my dad passed away.

Greenville, SC |

He had me as his durable power of attorney he had me transfer money from him into my name. Now he has passed we recently found that my brother and sister changed his will days before his passing. Now probate is filed and open and they had them placed as co- executor in the will. Do I have to turn that money over that my dad wanted split between the three of us. I was his caregiver 24/7 for 3 years and the last week before he went into a coma he was not in his right mind. They had him sign this will. But mainly who would have me turn this money over to them. I have written with witnesses and him on video stating his wishes. He had a will before this back in 1992. Stating the same thing. HELP??? What do I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You need to find an experienced probate litigator as soon as possible and go meet with them. This is a very common but very complicated fact pattern and you need advice specifically tailored to your situation. Please find a probate attorney in your area and set up an appointment as soon as you can.

Mr. Twombley is licensed to practice law in South Carolina and Georgia. His phone number is 843-982-0100, his email address is and his website is

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer