I am French and about to marry a US citizen. How many days after you married at the county clerk do you have to do a ceremony?

Indianapolis, IN |

I know that having a ceremony is one of the requirements for the immigration. We just don't have time and money right now because we have to get married before my tourist visa expires (Jan 19th) and we don't really have time to plan something that short. Any advices?

There is no need to have aceremony if you are legally married. For more info see link below

Happy new year and congrats

http://www.immigrate2usa.com/practiceareas/non-immigrant-visas/marrying-a-foreign-national-1.asp

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

Ceremonies aren't necessary, as long as the clerk is authorized to perform the marriage vows.

Also, the date if marriage isn't as important as the date you FILE the papers ... as relates to your I-94 expiring.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

You have been misinformed, there is no requirement for a ceremony.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.