Skip to main content

I am foreigner Physical Therapist; I came USA in 2000 with a Visitor visa (B-2) it was expired after I asked for an extension...

San Marcos, CA |

The PT process to obtain the LIC. is too long and I am "stuck" to continue it...

What can I do NOW?? Thanks!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Did you receive the result of the extension? Are you doing more than visiting here? You may be out of status. If you are out of status for 6 months after exiting the U.S. you will be barred from returning to the U.S. for 3 years. If you are out of status for 1 year you will be barred from returning for 10 years. Its difficult to answer your question without knowning what your goal is. Are you looking to transfer to a student or work visa?

Andre Olivie, Esq.


It is advisable to retain an immigration lawyer to assist you as the consequences of accruing unlawful presence in the USA is severe.

At the very minimum have a consultation and discuss your goals and available options to achieve those goals.

You are welcome to use the link provided below.



For additional information pertinent to your situation, please see


Being out of status is serious and limits your options drastically. Best to consult with an immigration attorney to discuss your goals and options.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law