I am filling I-864 for my husband and using my parents income to meet the requirements because i dont have a job now

Tacoma, WA |

i have to fill out form i-864 and my parents i-864A...with their income it is gonna be $34,500....so they have 2 dependents...my question is will their dependents make it not meet the requirements r they are just gonna see the total income and accept it

125% of the poverty line is the requirement. check here:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

They have to satisfy the guideline requirements for their household size, which includes their dependents and the immigrant being sponsored.

Also, I-864a should be used only if you're living together and combining your incomes. Otherwise they should use the I-864.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

both of the should use i-864 or just my mom and she just adds my dads income and he doesnt sign anything

so i fill out i-864, my mom fills out i-864 and my dad signs nothing or he has to fill out i-864A since my mom using his income to meet the requirements

Veronica Tunitsky

Veronica Tunitsky

I'm sorry, but this forum is for general information and not specific guidance. Feel free to contact my office for an in-depth evaluation.

I agree with my colleagues

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

You need to fill out the I-864, right. Your parent (one of them) also needs to fill out a separate I-864. Because they are married, the one who doesn't do the I-864, has to do the I-864A acknowledging that the other spouse is potentially encumbering their income in this way. So be careful to get the right people doing the right forms. The income level is based on the household size, so in this case it would be two for your parents, plus two for their dependents, plus one for your husband the sponsored immigrant. Total of 5 persons. They need to show $33,762 under the 2012 guidelines, which haven't been updated yet and are still in force.

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.