I am filing for permanent residency for my husband and I was wondering if filing taxes joint but separate will be an issue?

Sacramento, CA |

We are trying to figure out whether filing taxes as married but separate will affect our chances of my husband receiving his residency. I have been told that they want to see taxes filed married and joint? Please advise..

Filed under: Immigration Tax return

Depends on the reasons for such a filing.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.