Skip to main content

I am filing as a spouse of my husband GC process..what status proof do in need to submit..just h1 copy? or paystub too.

Baltimore, MD |

I am in H1 and my husband is in h1 right now. He has filed for green card. So labor is approved. We are preparing documents for I-140 and I-485.

My question is: What kind of documents do I need to provide for any of these process(I-140 or I-485) to show my legal status in US?
Are they going to ask H1 copy + paystub? or just H1 copy?

Please let me know

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


What did the lawyer doing the I-140 and I-485 say?

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.




F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III


You are welcome. It is always best to consult with the attorney that signs the papers ... he/she is the one that may need to defend them in the future.


You should submit your I-94, but you might want to have a paystub handy, just in case the USCIS requests this.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


At a minimum, I-94s.

The Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit has stated that "federal immigration laws are exceedingly complex"

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer