Skip to main content

I am enlisting in the military and I am trying to get permanent residency for my spouse. How do I go about doing that?

Batesville, MS |

How long does it take for things to get proccessed also?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You need to have an attorney file the paperwork. I offer discounts to military personnel, for a free consultation give me a call.
Nick Misiti
Misiti Global
212 537 4407


Military service members and their dependents may be eligible for naturalization. Please see the following link for more information


Need a lot more facts on your case. Where is the spouse? If in the US, is he/she here illegally? Legally? Do you have kids? The process involves filing a relative petition, establishing he/she is your spouse & either doing consular processing in spouse's home country or adjusting here (depending on facts). It can take between 6 months & 2 years again depending on the facts. You should see a lawyer.


In most cases the dependents of active military are expedited and in many cases may qualify for parole in place if the dependent entered the U.S. without documentation. We have handled many of these and woudl be happy to advise you.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer