I am eligible for EB2 category in green card process?

Boston, MA |

My education (as per the education equivalent evaluation):
3 years of bachelors degree from India (equivalent to US bachelor's degree in business administration & computer science) and
3 years of master degree from India (equivalent to US Master's degree in computer science).
My experience: total 8 years in IT (5 years in India & 3 years in US).
Will my case be considered under EB2 or EB3 category?

I'm a little uncomfortable with you stating that 3 year degrees in India are equal to 4 year US degrees.

You should pay an educational evaluation company to provide a report for you.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

my education equivalency company report says that my foreign master degree is equivalent to US Master's degree in computer science.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

That is a very good start ... now you should talk to your company's immigration lawyer.

If USCIS accepts the evaluation and agrees that you possess the equivalent of an advanced degree, you should be considered under the EB-2 category provided that the job requires an advanced degree.

This answer is only for general information purposes. It does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The answer I gave is based only on the facts that you have presented in your question and might change if the facts are different.

It is possible.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.
Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
Jackson Heights, NY 11370
T. (347) 628-2391
F. (718) 672-4728
E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
www.EstrellaLawyer.com

The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20 minute consultation! THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C. “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE” -- Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq. Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut The Estrella Law Firm, P.C. 75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170 Inside The Bulova Corporate Center Jackson Heights, NY 11370 T. (347) 628-2391 F. (718) 672-4728 E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com www.EstrellaLawyer.com

Most likely EB3, as your bachelor's is not a 4 year degree.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I agree with Samuel. If an qualified evaluator equates your foreign Master's degree to an advanced U.S. degree, you may qualify for EB-2. Having said that, the evaluation still has the same footing of a recommendation. USCIS ultimately decides whether the job is one which requires an advance degree and whether it comes under that category. Talk to an experienced immigration attorney after you have been offered a job requiring an advanced degree so he/ she gets the complete picture.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.