Skip to main content

I am currently getting paid small amounts in restitution from a lawsuit against my attorney is their any way to receive it all

South Bend, IN |

My lawyer Paul Kusch was incarcerated for stealing clients money mine was to be put in a trust fund until I was 18 . He took everyone's money received four years federal and now I'm getting 40 to 50 dollar checks every other month . . . Is their anyway possible to receive it all at once

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You would have to look at how the case was resolved with the state bar. If the resolution of the matter included a provision for monthly payments, you probably can't change that without making a motion. From what you have provided, I can't really give more guidance than that. Pull up the case file containing the final resolution or speak to the prosecutor who handled the case.


Probably not. My experience with restitution programs of this sort is that as the convicted person pays restitution, small checks are sent by the court system who's administering the victim restitution program to all victims in small amounts.

You could ask the people who are sending you the checks, but I think the answer is going to be "sorry, no".

This answer is provided under the “Terms and Conditions of Use” (“ToU”), particularly ¶9 which states that any information provided is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and me or any other attorney. Such information is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. In particular, my answers and those of others are not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely solely upon Legal Information you obtain from this website or other resources which may be linked to an answer for informational purposes. You understand that questions and answers or other postings to the Site are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege. The full Avvo ToU are set forth at . In addition, while similar legal principles often apply in many states, I am only licensed to practice in the State of New York and Federal Courts. Any general information I provide about non-New York laws should be checked with an attorney licensed to practice in your State. Lastly, New York State Court rules (22 NYCRR Part 1200, Rule 7.1) also require me to inform you that my answers and attorney profile posted on the site may be considered "attorney advertising" and that "prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome".