Skip to main content

I am confused on the divorce section on visitation schedule ?

Marietta, GA |

Under the holiday and special occasion section it lists all holidays and then in parenthesis it says ( see standard holiday and special occasion visitation filed in conjunction with this document) But, I am not finding it? Where would this be at? All I see is standard visitation and it states what weekends etc. and then holiday and special occasion visitation just states the holidays and then in parenthesis ( see standard holiday and special occasion visitation filed in conjunction with this document ) LOST MAJOR please help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I'm going to repost my answer to the other question you posted, as it applies here too:

I hate to break the bad news, but you've already made two gigantic mistakes.

Divorce, especially with children, is NEVER a pro se project. You should have seen a lawyer long ago, and certainly before signing anything. As if that wasn't bad news enough, apparently you signed without doing any research into what's involved in a divorce and custody (if you were going to be your own lawyer, that was essential, and let me stress it's still not good, even with research, to be your own lawyer).

To answer one of your specific questions, even with joint custody, most judges insist that there be a final decisionmaker (the tiebreaker) so that disputes do not all land back in court.

No one here has seen what you signed, but it sounds like you may have agreed to some things (and you may not have, and the fact you don't know that is alarming).

How can you change some things? On your own, your chances are likely near zero. With a lawyer, you have, since there has yet to be a hearing, some possibility of addressing concerns. Monday morning, cancel whatever other plans you have, and make an appointment with a lawyer. The closer you get to the hearing date, the less a lawyer can do for you.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.


There really is not enough information in your question to provide a complete answer. It sounds like there could be a mistake or omission in the visitation schedule. You also do not say whether this is a proposed agreement or final agreement/parenting plan.

I strongly recommend that you sit down with an experienced custody attorney to provide you with the assistance that you need. I strongly agree with the other answer that a divorce with custody issues is not something that you should try to do yourself, without the assistance of an attorney.

Remember that any mistake or omission in your final divorce papers will impact your role in your children's lives until they are 18.

Nothing contained herein shall be considered or construed as creating an attorney client relationship between the party asking the question and the attorney. All legal problems are different. The answer given is only a general response based upon the facts provided and should not be considered specific advice for your case. Always contact a lawyer for advice about your particular circumstances and issues. For additional information, you may wish to view our firm website at Our firm can assist with custody, child support, divorce, contempt, separation, and other family law matters in Cobb, Fulton, Dekalb, Forsyth, Paulding, Douglas, Bartow, Cherokee, Gwinnett, and other counties in the Atlanta Metro area.