Skip to main content

I am charged with possession of amphetamine in my car . I have clean record and how can I win the case without jail time ?

Simi Valley, CA |

The police found it in my car and I never know how much was in it . I was told to put the bag in my trunk . I have clean record . The DA is against me for the gram of met I had in my car .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If you have no record and you are charged with simple possession of methamphetamine, you could be eligible for DEJ (deferred entry of judgment) under PC 1000. You will be asked to complete a program and the case could be ultimately dismissed.


You can qualify for Deferred Entry of Judgment. Ventura County is a tough jurisdiction, but if you hire an attorney, you should be fine. It is not a hanging offense.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
Practicing throughout Southern California
(310) 707-7131

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.


You need to talk to a lawyer now. About every circumstance.


My colleagues are correct. You are probably qualified for PC 1000. Ventura County can be tough , but this matter should be handled by an attorney .

Andrew Roberts
(805) 496-7777