Skip to main content

I am being stalked, threatened, and harrassed. What can I do about it?

Glen Burnie, MD |

I am being threatened, stalked, and harrassed by a guy I went on a couple of dates with. He has threatened to rape me, he admitted to calling my boss to have me fired, he threatened to call Channel 13 News and report that I am having sexual relations with my boss. He has threatened me over text messaging, and showed up at my house in the middle of the night, and the next morning two of my vehicles were vandalized. One of the vehicles had a slashed tired, and the other had two of the valve caps missing off the tires. He harrasses me on a daily basis via text messaging, and I just want it to stop. I have a two year old baby living in the house with me, along with two other women, and I am afraid it will only get worse and he will do something stupid to one of us. What can I do? I tried to file for a peace order against him but they said I didnt have enough to go on. What do I do now? Just sit here and wait until he tries to kill one of us?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can file a Petition requesting a court grant you a Peace Order, which is sometimes referred to as a restraining order.

Please be advised that this response does not constitute "legal advice," nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel of an attorney before taking any actions or deciding not to take any actions.


You need to call the police and file a police report describing in detail everything that has happened. The police can then make the determination if there is enough evidence to send the case forward for potential charges. As for your safety you need to file for a restraining order, but unfortunately that often leads to a false sense of being "protected." I'm not sure the size of the community you live in but I would ask for the assistance from police: if they could monitor your home, do occassional drive-bys of your home/work, etc. The presence of the police may ward off any further potential criminal activity. Please call the police and be safe!