Skip to main content

I am an immigrant, how can i get my papers or a social security?

Poughkeepsie, NY |

i am 17 yrs old. i have been living in america for 15 yrs. i really want to get my papers so i can work, drive, and go to college. this is a very stressful situation on my part. can someone pease help me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Before you do anything, please consult with an experienced immigration attorney in your area because if you do not have current status to be in the U.S., any contact with the federal government may subject you to removal proceedings in you do not have valid immigration status.

You state that you are "an immigrant," but are you a Lawful Permanent Resident, or a do you have derivative status through your parents work visas? Were you admitted or did you enter the U.S. without inspection? Did any family member sponsor or petition for your immigrant visa?

The answers to these questions make a huge difference in your situation.

Good luck.

Stanley Dale Radtke, Esq.
220 Montgomery Street, Suite 416
San Francisco, CA 94014

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer