Skip to main content

I am an H1B Visa Holder and I want to be an immigrant what is the best thing to do?

Daly City, CA |

I just started working and just arrived in america and before entering the US my I-140 application in USCIS was approved. Do I still need the I-140?does it helps?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The H1B visa permits you to live and work in the United States for up to three years and is renewable for an additional 3 years.

Depending upon the continuing viability of the job offer relevant to the I-140 you may be eligible to adjust status to obtain a green card.

You should have an immigration attorney review the viability of the I-140 case and to discuss your best options.

Best of luck,

Peter J. Loughlin, Esq.
Goldman & Loughlin, PLLC
4100 Corporate Sq., Suite 163
Naples, FL 34104
Representing Clients in All 50 States

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only and should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.


If you are working for the same employer that submitted your approved I-140, you may wait until your priority date is current, and then apply for a green card.

For additional information, please see

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer