Skip to main content

I am an asylee and I already submitted my application for my Green Card, and it was been accepted, by uscis, did my background

Austin, TX |

and everything on my side is clear and just waiting to get my GC in the mail but my EAD will expired in 3days will I still be eligible to work or what will my employer will tell me since I am still in an asylee status and still waiting on my green card in the mail?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Asylees are authorized to work with or without a work permit. However many employers require a work permit to comply with their I-9 filings.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


Yes. You do not need EAD to be authorized to work. You are authorized.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.



Thank you Mr. Segal.


Asylees are authorized to work in the United States with or without a valid work permit document. Your employer, however, may have difficulty understanding that and sorting it out with the I-9 filing obligation. Better get the green card in the mail real soon.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer