Skip to main content

I am an 18 year old DACA holder and I got an underage drinking ticket. What will the consequences be?

Elkhart, IN |

I am a student at Indiana University and I got a underage drinking ticket. My record is clear and I was one of the few people who were being cooperative with the cops. What will the consequences be? can I get my drivers license or my Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival suspended? What should I do? Thank you!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you have DACA issues, you need to get an attorney to do everything possible to get this to stay off your record. Sorry but with immigration issues you need to perfect and can't screw around like other college students can. The consequences are just too severe.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia


From the immigration standpoint, In looks like a minor infraction for your DACA purposes, however, in terms of protecting your prospective Indiana driving privileges, you need to be more proactive: meet with a local traffic counsel licensed in Indiana to review the citation impact on your privileges.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


Attorney Solis is 100 percent correct. Better safe than sorry.

This is not intended as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship exists because of this response.