Skip to main content

I am afraid for my son's safety! He is 4 1/2 and has disclosed abuse from his mother. denied a temp RO need advice

Aurora, CO |

His mother, my estranged wife had abandoned him with me to lead her life with drugs when he was a baby. She claimed to have cleaned up, I allowed visitation, and she took off with him, out of state for 2 years. He is now in my physical custody, I signed an agreement to return him to her, on a certain date and he has disclosed to me and 3 other family members that he is being abused by her & her boyfriend, who from what I understand is a drug dealer. I filed a report of abuse in her state, and applied for a PO in Colorado, it was denied, until she hurts him again, I cannot let that happen. The paper I signed has not been signed by a judge, yet she lied to Police,that it was and brought police to collect him. He was not at my residence, and is still in my physical custody. Help!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Call Child Protective Services with the Department of Social Services and report your concerns. They will investigate as to whether the mother poses a danger to the child if they have certain evidence to prove the abuse. A restraining order is normally only worth the paper it is is written on. You need to get CPS and law enforcement involved if you expect any assistance.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer