Skip to main content

I am active duty Army and trying to buy a home of VA loan. Where can I obtained the ARPC Form 2496-E-Statement of Service?

Killeen, TX |

I need prove that I am in the military.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Either your military ID (CAC) and/or your LES or pay statement should be evidence enough of your active duty status. If you are no longer receiving paper pay statements, you should be able to access it electronically via AKO. A copy may also be available from Army HRC via the MyRecord Portal.

If any of that is insufficient, then go here: and enter your name and DOB to obtain a certificate of your duty status. The Defense Manpower Data Center SCRA web site was designed for the specific purpose of validating an individual's active duty status. Per section 582 of the Service member's Civil Relief Act (SCRA), the certificate from the DMDC web site is prima facie evidence of active duty military service.

Also, be sure you are dealing with a reputable lender/broker as they should already know how and where to get the information that validates your eligibility for a VA loan.



Thanks Sir. Your information was very useful.


I would be leary of working with any institution that isn't able to tell you exactly what they need from you AND where to get it re VA loans.

Scroll about a 1/3 of the way down the page:

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.


Your other option could be a copy of your orders or a letter from your commander.

DISCLAIMER: This information is intended for public and educational use only, it does not form an attorney-client relationship and it is not intended as legal advice. Nothing replaces a confidential consultation with an attorney. This communication may be considered attorney advertising. Do not post any privileged information, instead contact an attorney directly.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer