Skip to main content

I am a US citizen who plans to marry a Russian national using a K-1 fiancé visa. I want a pre-nuptial agreement is it possible?

Louisa, VA |

Can a legitimate and legally binding contract between us be prepaired. I have a home, retirement pension, and some 401k assests, plus the possibility of inheritance. We plan to marry in the United States. I want both of us to be protected equally under the law.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes. However, you should consult both a qualified immigration lawyer and a marital relations lawyer about drafting your prenuptial agreement and being able to prove the bona fides of the relationship. Congratulations on your impending marriage and best of luck to you.


For the third time - you need to consult with a family law attorney in VA.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


We have three offices in VA that would be able to assist you on both the family law and immigration law aspects of your question. Good luck!

Disclaimer: This answer is for informational purposes and does not take the place of a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer