Skip to main content

I am a US citizen.My brother is 14 . I am filing for my parents . what is the quickest way for him to get here in the us?

Richmond, VA |

He has a little problem in his feet and doesn't walk properly . We want to get him operated here

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

You could try for a B-2 for medical reasons with good documentation or Humanitarian Parole as answered in your other AVVO question.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
Fax: (619) 923-3277

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law


You got the answer to this question already from three or four attorneys in your prior post. Reposting will do nothing for you in a way of getting a different answer. Do not waste your time. Hire a lawyer if you need more detailed information.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.



I wanted to know if he could come on medical grounds ms feldman answered to exactly what I was asking..


There is no "quickest" way for a sibling. It's a whole different category from your parents and currently takes between 10-14 years for its priority date to become current.
If you want your brother to accompany your parents to the US, then you could try filing a humanitarian parole on his behalf. Those are rarely granted, however.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer