Skip to main content

I am a us citizen and want to marry my girlfriend she lives in Mexico and has a child. how should i get Married? Fiancee visa?

Phoenix, AZ |

i have heard that i can get married in mexico only by the church and marry here in the USA in City Hall is that true?
how hard is it to qualify here for the Fiancee visa

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration US visas
Attorney answers 1


You have to visit her, take photos to prove it, present evidence that tends to confirm your relationship, file a petition and wait until it is approved and forwarded to Ciudad Juarez for processing. Sometimes, applicants are disqualified for a variety of reasons even if they will marry a U.S. Citizen. for legal advice, schedule an appointment with an experienced immigration attorney, who will take the time to listen, address your concerns and answer all of your questions, where possible.

The above is general information and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer