Skip to main content

I Am A Us Citizen And My Fiance Is In Libya, It Is Not Safe For Me To Go There At The Moment. We Are Considering Our Option Of T

Largo, FL |

we met in the states when he was here under a student visa. he had to leave unexpectedly for family issues, then the war broke out and he has now been there two years. and he wants to get out of libya because its getting worse.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


In order to file a fiancé petition you must have seen each other within the pst two years. If you meet in a third country you can petition for him as a fiancé, or marry him and petition for him as a spouse or K3 fiancé. Speak with an attorney to discuss in detail what would be the best option for you.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


In order to get an answer to a question, you must first ask the question. There is no question in your posting.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


More facts are needed in order to advise you as to the options available to facilitate your reunion with your fiance. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the facts of the case, advise you as to the options available, and recommend a course of action.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer