Skip to main content

I am a US citizen and I have filed a form I 130 for my parents only. Does it affect my siblings under 21 to get visit visa?

Alexandria, VA |

I am a US citizen and I have filed a form I 130 for my parents only. I have brothers under 21 who are my blood brothers. I will be graduating with Masters degree in December and wanted to invite my younger brothers to the graduation ceremony. Would the immigration have issues with granting them visit visa because I have filed I-130 for my parents?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yes. It is part of the consideration whether the parents are in the USA or waiting to immigrate.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Yes, unfortunately the consulate will want to look a the "whole family picture" before deciding on whether to issue a visa to you or not.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.




Yes, the consular officer will take it in consideration that their parents have a pending I-130. You should still invite them. The consular will make a decision based on the totality of the circumstance.Your brothers will need to prove that they intend to return to their country if a visa is approved. The granting of the visa is in the discretion of the consular officer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer