Skip to main content

I am a single mom. I was just offer a job out of the state of michigan can i take my kids without there fathers permission.

Marlette, MI |

I was offer a job out of the state of michigan. i am currently not working. can i leave the state with out the kids permission?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Technically, yes. But, this can cause issues in the long run.

Were you ever married to the father? If so, you probably want to get divorced and granted custody before leaving. If not, you're probably okay to move but you should check with a local attorney to get more information about potential issues you may not have thought about yet.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer