I am a green card holder.. My fiancée lives in Sri Lanka.. So i want to bring her to USA.. How can i bring her? Can i apply for

Staten Island, NY |

I am a green card holder.. My fiancée lives in Sri Lanka.. So i want to bring her to USA.. How can i bring her? Can i apply for a K! visa? Or any other possible way?

K-1 visas are only available to fiances of U.S. citizens. As a green card holder, your only option is to marry her and then file Form I-130 to petition for her immigrant visa. She has to wait for the I-130 to be approved and for a visa to become available. Once those things happen, she can apply for her visa at a U.S. consulate in Sri Lanka. I would suggest retaining an attorney to help you with the process and make sure there aren't any issues in your fiance's case that would make it hard for her to immigrate. If you have had your green card long enough, you may also have the option of applying for naturalization. As a citizen, you can seek a K-1 visa for your fiance.

Christina Murdoch
Attorney
Scott D. Pollock & Associates, P.C.
105 W. Madison St., Suite 2200
Chicago, IL 60602
(312) 444-1940
(312) 444-1950 (fax)
cmurdoch@lawfirm1.com
www.lawfirm1.com

Please visit our renovated website at www.lawfirm1.com, which allows client access to case status, enhanced information on services, and other convenient features.