I am a foreigner married to a US Citizen we filed in for my green card 6 months ago and the interview letter is not in yet.

Atlanta, GA |

what is the delay? What is taking so long for immigration to send it?

some cases take a little longer. Just keep waiting, it will come. You can always call and inquire, but they will probably just tell you to wait

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

It depends what you file and how and where. To answer this question a review of the record is needed.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

From what I can gather from your question, I am guessing you are in the US already? One of the things to understand about the "immediate availability" of an immigrant visa for a spouse is that it is not always "immediate". Currently, the USCIS Texas Service Center has an estimated processing time of 6.8 months.

If you have not received an interview letter, you should contact the USCIS customer service line at 1-800-375-5283 and provide them with your receipt number (located on your Notice of Action filing receipt for your I-130 form) and ask them if there is any additional information.

There is also a "case status" link on the USCIS website on the top left hand corner where you enter your receipt number and it will give you an up-to-date status of your application.

Good Luck!

This is not legal advice & no attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney for a free consultation see her profile or contact (585) 247-9170.