I am a disabled man who along with my only brother inherited a home and 48 acres of land my wife of 9.5 yrs just up and walked

Jackson, MS |

now she wants half the inherited land or 45,000 is she eligible for my inheritance I'm on a low fixed income I can"t afford that

[info withheld] THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE OH SHE NEVER HAD AJOB I WAS THE ONLY TO WORK WHILE PROVIDING FOR A RAISEING 3 STEP KIDS THAT WERE HERS NO RELATION TO ME

You need to file for divorce if you do not wish to remain married. As for her rights to property and assets, it is unlikely she can make any claim to the land, unless there are special circumstances. Please contact an attorney. I know myself and others offer a free initial consultation

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.

I agree that it is unlikely that she'd be able to get part of the land, but there are some situations where that could happen. You need an attorney. If you are unable to afford one, contact the Mississippi Center for Legal Services at 1-800-498-1804 to see if they are able to assist you.

Answers provided are for informational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is intended or implied.

you need to contact a local attorney to discuss the specifics of your case. good luck.

Answer is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship.