Skip to main content

I am a British citizen wishing to apply for a EAD. From the forums i imagine it is technically possible, do i need to worry abt?

Usk, WA |

What are the basic requirements i need to go ahead with the EAD application from UK. Is my physical presence required, is there a perm address or local address needed for this purpose. Can i apply using my UK address?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


More information is required to properly respond to your question. Generally, you cannot apply for a stand alone EAD application. You must fall into a specified category (i.e., TPS, DED, F-1 student, asylee, L-2, AOS applicant) to qualify for an EAD. I would advise consulting with an experienced immigration attorney if you seek to explore employment-based immigration options in the United States.

Lisa Tehlirian, Immigration Attorney Email: Visit our website:


I agree with my colleague.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.