I am a 16 year old girl i had sex with a 18 year old .. my mom call the cops saying that i have been rape by him .

Flushing, NY |

the police told her that they could not arrest him because of the age difference . my mom was okay with that up until she went to family court to ask if i could be emancipated because i am pregnant. they told her no because i was a minor and the my boyfriend can get arrested for rape .. can that really happen after the police said he could not because of the age difference. oh and one more thing what can i do as a minor to get out of my house legally and get my own place and be treated as if i was emancipated. thanks for reading and any answer would be helpful .

Best Answer

Did you try to legally emancipate through Family Court? Either way I believe your boyfriend would not face Criminal Prosecution.

Ms. Terri thank u for answering . my mom went to family court to try to emancipate me but they said that i cant because am a minor and that the day my baby is born my boyfriend could get arrested because the baby was the proof that he rape me . is that true and if its possible for me to get emancipate wat family court should i go to?

Terri Beth Kalker

Terri Beth Kalker

I believe 16 is the age of consent in NY. A baby is proof of intercourse not rape.

ooh okay so what about the emancipation can i get it even if am pregnant?.

I think the cops are correct. I believe the age of consent in NY is 16. You might want to look to be certain.
As to the other issue, suggest you contact a counselor at school.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Since your boyfriend was not 21, he cannot be arrested for Rape 3rd degree based upon the age differential. He can be arrested for sexual misconduct, an A misdemenaor, because you are incapable of consent by law. Your mother can effectuate emancipation by consulting a family law attorney, though you will wind up on social services at best.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.