Skip to main content

I am 8 months behind in child support if I cash my retirement will they take these 8 months?

Minneapolis, MN |

I owe all together 4000 but was set on a payment plan of 215 a month. I was fired and now 8 months behind will they take all 4000 or just the 8 months.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Child support arrears are a debt. The other parent (or the county if involved) may motion the court to require you to pay the arrears from cash assets.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.