I am 62 years old and collecting unemployment compensation. Can I apply for social security & still get the unemployment?

Saint Petersburg, FL |

Unemployment is $275 + $25 (stimulus) every 2 weeks, Social security will be about $800 a month. I was planning on working until 65 but cannot find a job

I am assuming you are talking about Social Security Retirement. You can get early retirement regardless of any other income. The benefits may be taxable, depending on your total income at the end of the year. As you probably know, early retirement benefits are discounted, which means you get less than if you retire at full retirement age.

After I answered your question, I realized your question was whether you would continue to receive unemployment compensation benefits. I have done some research, and I have no idea. The website in Florida is terrible, and neither the FAQ link nor the brochure answer the question. I would simply call the unemployment bureau and ask them. Sorry.