I am 27 and so is my boyfriend. We have a child together. He has mild aspergers so his mother is his legal guardian.

Saint Paul, MN |

If we want to get married, does he need her permisson?

Yes. If a person is under a Guardianship it means they have limitations in their abilities, called an incapacity, and, as a result, it is up to the aGuardian to step into the decision making role.

Disclaimer: Nothing in this email message creates an attorney client relationship absent a retainer agreement with this office. Any response to email inquiries should be considered general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. You should always consult a lawyer in your state regarding your specific legal matter. Visit online at http://www.minnesotaLawyers.com

Yes.

We can be reached at 507.334.0155. Our web address is: www. corbin-law-office.com. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.

Not unless there is some court order declaring him incompetent.
Good luck. Happy marriage
>