Skip to main content

I am 18 and my 16 year old girlfriend is pregnant and i am being charged with 2nd degree sexual assault, what do i do?

Stevens Point, WI |

ok, me and my girlfriend have been going out for about 1 year and 8 months, almost 2 years, about after 4 months weve been together i got to know her mother, her mother isn't the best mom, as my mom calls her she is crazy, i began to worry about her alot, and i kept running away from home when i was 16, and for about a week her mom let me live there, and then my mom found out, i just kept going there, and eventually my mom didn't care anymore and i lived there for about 4 or 5 months, and then the police got involve and i admitted having sex with her, they took me to the station and i got booked, they let me go cuz i told the truth, they my first court date came and i was ordered not to have contact with her, so i kept sneaking over at night and eventually she got pregnant what do i do?

i have a lawyer, my girl friends mother is a really bad mother, and there is to much stress for her being pregnant there, my last court date is december 18, there are just thinking of a misdeameanor bail jumping charge, i want contact with her, how do i do that? the court yet doesn't know that she is pregnant but lots of people do, and i just want to be there for her and the baby, so what should i tell the court on the 18th.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Read my Legal Guide "Internet Privacy - Not!" if you think it might be helpful.

You need a lawyer so get one. ASAP!

Read my Legal Guide "What is the Right to Remain Silent?

Because this matter is so important you should really get a lawyer. Many factors such as age, prosecutor discretion, what judge you have, whether witnesses are credible all matter and that makes it near impossible to say what type of time you'll do if this is crime.

You can miss defenses and say the wrong things if you are not represented by an advocate as your attorney.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "Ethics: Yes I Need a Lawyer!"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You."

You might read my Legal Guide "Can An Attorney Really Help?"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer?"

Online we cannot know what the other details are going on in your case because online we cannot find out those details. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.


See a qualified criminal defense attorney in your area immediately. This is a serious charge that you cannot handle on your own. Do not violate the terms of your release. That could result in a bail jumping charge. Keep your mouth shut.

"Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he'd keep his mouth shut."

Good Luck

This is not to be construed as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is intended.


You needed an attorney a long time ago and you really, really need one now. The district attorney may not want to scar you for life with a felony sex assault conviction but you can't take your chances with a situation like this. Having a sex assult conviction could be profoundly limiting with respect to your ability to make and keep personal and professional relationships in the future. Seek legal advice even today if you can.

Disclaimer: 1. The above answer is not legal advice and should not be construed as such. 2. Always obtain representation before making any important legal decision. 3. The above exchange does not create any attorney/client relationship.