Skip to main content

I am illegal from Mexico and I would like to take a trip to HI with my girlfriend. Can I use only a Mexican passport to travel?

Denver, CO |

I have been here for about 12 years this time

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You can try. Be aware of the risk involved, however, no matter how minimal, it's still a risk. And make sure your passport is valid and the picture recent.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


You are always running a serious risk of being encountered by US immigration officials, especially at airports (even though this would be a domestic flight).

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.


Not a good idea. You will be caught by Immigration. You have no visa to be in the US and will be placed into removal proceedings.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.