I'am 50 , was hired at a fast food restraunt , was not properly trained . Second day 62yr. Old male manager told me I am to

Jeffersonville, IN |

Old. All co-workers under 40 years of age. They talked down to me every day . The day I had to quit. Co- worker yelled at me in front of restraunt full of customers and manager never said anything except when I said I quit he said " good , goodby , see ya. The manager also smokes cigarettes inside of the non smoking restraunt. Can I sue for age discrimination ???

If you have reason to believe that you were mistreated because of your age, you could. Unfortunately, treating employees bad in general is not illegal. But it is against the law to treat an older employee differently because of the employee's age. You should contact an employment attorney in your area. You can search for an attorney on Avvo.

This answer is provided for guidance only. DO NOT rely on it as legal advice. We DO NOT have an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney in your area for a one-on-one consultation before pursuing any action or making any decisions.