Skip to main content

I accessed papers on a website, they were automatically stamped, and this conferred jurisdiction over me and the subject-matter.

Honolulu, HI |

I accessed a website in Alabama (family law) and despite never having been in the State, and the facts that I cannot receive legal aid and deadlines would be comprised due to the distance and time the papers would travel, the judge said service was perfected and that I had made a general appearance in the Court (the ARCP state that special appearances are not required). The Judge also published very private information into a court order (after my Motion to Dismiss was denied) and ordered me into the State of Alabama. I refused to enter the State due to terroristic threats made against me and I thought that was a means to justify her long-arm jurisdiction. This is a very complex legal issue. The default date was 03-20-13; I had a lot going on at the time but I need to know my options.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you are past the deadline for default being entered, then you should contact an attorney ASAP. Thinking that you can just figure it out on your own is probably not going to work.

Any response is general information only and is not intended, and does not constitute, legal advice.


You must retain counsel ASAP. I know a very fine attorney in Huntsville if you need. Send me an email and I will give you his contact info.


If you are being ordered to go somewhere by a judge you should retain counsel immediately.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer