I-90 application to replace Green Card

Miami, FL |

I have applied to replace my lost GC but the application is outside of normal processing time. I went to the local USCIS office and was told that it is pending background checks. I was wondering if there is an FBI name check done when someone applies to replace a lost green card . I remember from when I got my green card that the FBI name check take forever to complete and don't want to go through this again. Can someone who knows for sure if there is or their is not an FBI name check done on I-90 fillers answer this question please. Thanks

A standard background check is applicable to all applications connected to a green card. Whether you want it, or not. If you are not sure what is included in your background report, order one for yourself.

New York Immigration lawyer. This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes.

so do they do an FBI name check for form I-90? I am asking this because i had a very bad experience with name check in the past regarding the time it toke them to complete it.

Yes, there is a background check.

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

I know that. Do you know if the name check is also included in that background check.

Yep...there's a background check

do they do FBI name check?