I-864 Does Total Income at Q.25 need to match the w-2 figure?

Mount Vernon, WA |

I'm assisting my USC brother-in-law complete the I-864 as a co-sponsor in advance of my visa interview in London in a couple of weeks. We have all the necessary documentation, however:
The wages,salaries, tips etc. figure on the 1040 (Q.7 of the 1040) matches the w-2, but the total income (Q.22 of the 1040) is slightly lower. Which figure do I use on at Q.25 of the I-864 - the figure that matches the w-2, or the slightly lower total income figure?

Very grateful of any assistance.

(City and State referred to below is where I'll be, currently in the UK)

Filed under: Immigration US visas

Best Answer

You need to indicate the total income on the 1040 form which won't necessarily be the same as the wages on the W-2.

If you require more detailed advice I'm based in central London and can meet with you for a consultation prior to your interview.

Please note that by answering this question an attorney client relationship is not created. My answer is general information based on the facts provided in the question. Detailed and accurate advice may only be given once a lawyer is able to meet with a person to assess the totality of a person's circumstances.

We always use the adjusted gross income

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

I agree with my colleagues.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.