Skip to main content

I-864 Affidavit Support Question

Seattle, WA |

Am LPR for the past seven month i start work in a company for 4 months. I file I-130 for my husband and my file is at NVC and now NVC requested me to send I-864 my question is i can not find recent 3 years Tax transcription because i live in USA for 7 month and work for 4 months Is it enough to submit employment letter and checking and saving balance statement? For your information i have a joint sponsor he is US military he have every thing that requested by NVC. I want your help by my side.

MAny Thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

You must complete the Form to the extent applicable. You can submit a letter from your employer verifying your employment including salary, number of hours a week worked, length of employment, etc. You should also submit recent pay stubs. You can submit your bank statements as well. You should be fine if your joint sponsor meets the financial requirements.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.


You have to submit only one year of taxes and you can and should submit employment verification documentation.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.


Without reviewing your form for accuracy before mailing it is impossible to advise you whether it has been done correctly.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer